Thursday, November 30, 2006

someking

the sun was different a couple of days ago.

gently settling on the backs of wanderers
the sky was blue at peace,
the light was calm,
reminded me of home.

(how much longer before that snaggle toothed grin
will be covered by a retainer of snow
that turns to slush and rots its beautiful smile.
crooked teeth of clay, i will miss you when i leave.)

canary seemed almost white
glowing against that misty gray
sky, veins of luminance slubbed through the thin
membrane of the sign on the street corner

on the street corner sneaky sparkles snuck their way
onto awnings like bats hanging in surreptitious silence
hearkening the arrival of something, or someking maybe.
someking forgotten in a manger. something to be praised.

something to be praised. i felt the poison seep into me
after taking one sip. one sip a long deep sip sinking into me,
i felt its fingers crawling into my chest into my neck into my head
bloodshot i thought i shot my thought with thought rotted

thought rotted as it settled in my head and finally reached my mind
but i kept sipping, i let it soak, soak into the wrinkles of my brain
until the mud brimmed black, but you lifted me up out of that mire
with your hands, your big strong hands, first to redeem me, then to fashion me.

fashion me pretty. yes,
i want your pearls
i want your jewels
gimme your gold

gimme your gold for it does not glitter
it shines.
funny,
not what i expected but i like it like that.

like that, well not like that, i want a fortune, just not like that
i want green to be grass, i want sweet to be the envy
that falls on me, because i want more than she, than he.
but those words leapt out of my mouth and crashed like glass.

like glass, like the glass that's between me, the trees
the trees that lift their arms up, stretching because maybe theyre
not stretching but pray-sing. praising that someking that sonking
who met me there, behind the glass, the other side from the trees.

No comments: